RCU Forums - View Single Post - preflight
Thread: preflight
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 07:20 AM
eloso6297

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default preflight

I have read a few of the posts and realized that I am far from alone in experiencing the disastrous effects of a poor preflight. I am a victim of the "oops, didnt remember that one," too. I had a preflight written out, and before maidening my GP Cessna, I thought I remembered everything. That was the killer, I thought. I didn't read the list that I had written.

I got so caught up in the fact that the engine was finally running perfect, the weather was exceptional for the season, and it was tracking great, that I forgot to check all the surfaces. My elevator was reversed, and I found this out with a bang upon take off.

It is such a bone head mistake that I am embarrassed to post it, except for the fact that it might stick in someone who reads this mind so it wont happen to them.

May all your flights return in as many pieces as they left.

JJ

Enough of the sob story. Here is my usual preflight, post as many of yours as you can, and perhaps the perfect preflight ritual can be realized through shared success and misery. It is also important to note that I fly in an area that has only one other R/C Pilot. I dont have to worry about freqs, etc.

1. Batteries RX/TX
2. Function check, Aileron, rudder/nose, elevator, throttle, flap, retract, etc...
3. Clevis and Clevis keepers (these little devils have hurt me before, just a habit)
4. Extend antenna on TX
5. Wind direction/ strength

Any additions to this are welcome, and I am sure that there will be many. Please remember I meant this as a tool to help the majority, none of us know it all. Please try and keep the comments constructive rather than demeaning.