Old 11-12-2006, 10:33 AM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How To Make AMA Perfect

Hey Toolman-

Who told you the magazine was free?
read Nov MA 06 pg 183 gray text, then report your findings on the matter

"As far as the AMA is concerned, I just pay the $58 and forget about it."
You must be like the masses of folks that were told they had to have AMA to fly at the club.
This is just a guess on my part, but I've got a good feeling that I'm right.

Not that there is really anything wrong with that, but some folks say you are not pulling your share if you dont get involved... voting, promoting, etc. I cant fault a guy for not voting if the ballot he gets only has 1 name on it. And I wont blame a guy if he only wants to fly rather thane be a crusader (lapdog) for the AMA dogma to the world.

If you want to fly rather than campaign, go for it, have fun... its a hobby after all.
If you want to try to fix some flaws or things that could be done better, ok, shine light on it.
If you want to say everything is fine, expect the flaws to be shown to you.

Imagine this:
IF just 10% of the Wallyworld ToyRC PF guys & E-PF rogues & South40 flyers joined ama...
and voted in AMA elections
kiss the good ole boy system goodbye.... welcome to the New Order eAMA
couldnt they, if holding every elected office, cram dismissals/firings/job eliminations down the pike? Cancel any non-ePF pet projects, revoke non-Efriendly events, sanction only Eparties etc in some PF crazy L33tDuD fest. Could some 200k new E3D/PF ama voters just take what the Good Ole Boys hold dear & flush it down the can?

Does it have to be 200k?
Not if we keep sending out ballots with just one name or writein... cause just how many WriteIns would it take to get a left field ePF guy (paid for a L#) elected against the 1 name ballot (with stamp required) guy. Anybody want to hazzard a guess at the voter turnout for the 1name ballots?

--edit: Cursed Quick reply, replied to wrong guy again