RCU Forums - View Single Post - How To Make AMA Perfect
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 10:44 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How To Make AMA Perfect

This is the second paragraph in the included instruction manual in all products I sell. "Flying in a safe manner" sums up potentially tens of thousands of dumb things that the user could do with the airplane. But all of that is just common sense. I will not discriminate against anyone who wants to buy my products, but I do have the ability to not sell products to people or vendors who use the models outside of their design, like any manufacturer will do. It's called a use policy, standard practice. Neither myself or the AMA are the rulemakers, but we can voice our opinions when someone does something stupid, like CM did. Whether or not the AMA approves or disapproves of shooting paintballs at airplanes, you at least know how one person at the AMA feels about it. He's the same guy that not only is a voice at the AMA but a face too. I see him at every event AMA has a booth, he's always there, WRAM, Toledo, Oshkosh. Someone at the AMA thought it was a good idea to put his face out to the general public and for a good reason.

A QUICK WORD ABOUT SAFETY AND RADIO CONTROL FLYING MODELS
With radio control aircraft, like any hobby or sport, there are certain risks. The operator of all TMPro USA models is responsible for these risks. With this in mind, you will want to be certain that you build your model carefully and correctly. If you are not an experienced flier, have your work checked and ask for help in learning to fly safely. This model aircraft is not a toy and must be operated and flown in a safe manner at all times. Always perform a pre-flight check of the model including all control surfaces, proper function of the radio gear, structure, radio range, and any other area relating to the safe operation of this aircraft.

Models are not insurable but operators are. You can obtain coverage through membership in the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA). For an AMA information package call 1-800-435-9262, ext. 292 or visit the AMA website at "http://www.modelaircraft.org/".

Also included with each and every purchase of our products is a bookmark card provided by the AMA which is attached right to the invoice so they cannot miss it.