RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL TeamVTX Truggy/Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL TeamVTX Truggy/Buggy Thread

Ok here is my review of the truggy after 3 tanks of break in. firstly, the engine seems to pack (to much of my surprise) a great punch! it is not so quiet sounds more like a .10-.12 engine. with the help of the header i'm sure. but it feels like a larger scale when you apply gas. NOW the most impressive thing is THE motor IS NOT LEAKING ANYTHING yet even after 3 tanks. either im getting lucky or it will come later. but I do know my x-ray nt18 motor hasn't started leaking even after 25 tanks I ran so that has impressed me that it is not leaking yet! even my vulcanSE is leaking minimal! here are couple pics after 3 tanks of break in. the only thing leaking is the oil after burn coming out of the tube from the breather on the pipe. which is no big deal at all notice how dry the chassis is with no residue. im very impressed with this truggy so far, the only thing I noticed for a RTR setup i.e. stock radio and servos etc. the turning radius was a bit weak but im sure with a little tweaking I can work on that!,

The Bad = make sure you either tighten or put some thread lock on the screws that go into alloy. this happens on alot of alloy parts they can vibrate loose. i had the front left hub lower screw vibrate loose luckily i caught before it came all the way out. that would have ruined my fun tryn to find that screw and resest washer etc..

The Good= It started RIGHT up after i got fuel in the line and in the carb. 2 pulls and it was running it was colder out so i had to turn the idle up on radio to get it warm BUt it didnt die any of the 3 tanks i ran. ofcourse after breakin prolly a good idea to change the plug.