RCU Forums - View Single Post - Purple Brushless Electric Ultimate BiPe
Old 11-13-2006, 01:29 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Purple Brushless Electric Ultimate BiPe

As funny as it sounds, you may want to INCREASE the elevator throw to prevent the out of round loop.

There is a point with ANY Ultimate, where the throw setting for the elevator, during a loop, causes one of the wings to stall.

You see this as a snap or out of round loop tendancy as one wing has stalled because of a too high loop rate.

Now if you INCREASE the throws, BOTH wings will stall evenly... causing a tight stall loop.

I find the point where the stall look occurs and make sure that I have this set (or more) for my high rates.

Then I set my low rates to the point BELOW where this no longer occurs.

So now I get good loops in low rates, and stall loops using high rates.

This also fixes a few other things such as with blenders and snap rolls.

It seems to be endemic to the Ultimate design since all my Ultimates do the same thing no matter their size.
They even do this in the SIMs (such as G3) and you can verify what I am telling you in the sim.... actually that is how I found this on a larger Ultimate.

Check out other threads here where others have had the same problem (Darock for instance) and he tried the above and found it to work for his much larger glow Ultimate.

---

I LIKE my controls responsive, so I'm usually waaay over the recommended on the Ultimates.

30-50 percent Expo cures any control difficulties. I would recommend setting your high rates this way... and toning down your low rates to be below the specs.

---

I'm using the 9x6E prop btw.