RCU Forums - View Single Post - Purple Brushless Electric Ultimate BiPe
Old 11-14-2006, 12:06 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Purple Brushless Electric Ultimate BiPe

ORIGINAL: Rube Goldberg

I could only find one "disapointment" in the whole assembly process.....being the outer wing strut attachment points for the bottom wing. The holes for the angle brackets are started on the bottom of the top wing, but the striping of the covering job on the top of the bottom wing leaves you with no "guide" holes for the brackets! So I just fit it all together and measured top wing tip to corner of stabilizer on both sides to get those even, and measure from edge of fuselage out to strut same on both sides to get it right....main thing is making sure nothing is being stressed before you mark things and drill the holes.
I'm just about to this point in the construction and I noticed this too.

I haven't fitted the wings yet to see where the lower strut will meet the wing...

So here is a question for you...

On yours did the "L" brackets mount into the sheeted area the the front of the lower wing?

Or does something else have to be done.?

I was already contemplating cutting the covering and installing small hardwood blocks much like the upper wings have.

If this is required I also want to fire off a message to NP about this shortcoming.

If however the "L" brackets do mount into the existing wood, then it is just a matter of alignment (predrilled holes like in the upper wing would help a lot in this case...)