RCU Forums - View Single Post - FSOne and Saitek X45? A little help, please
Old 11-15-2006, 12:18 PM
markind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FSOne and Saitek X45? A little help, please

THANKS!! I GOT IT WORKING!!

BUT!! Gads, its as complex as all hell!

It took me a few minutes of fiddling to get the first twitch from my X45 to show in FSOne.

Then, it took about an hour to figure out how to get Throttle, Elevators, Rudder working on just one plane.

Then, it took another hour to get the two Aileron channels working well enough to fly. GADS!!!

I was really stuck on the dynamic activation of all these diffent mixing and modes stuff. The non-linear response option is very helpful though.

Then, I tried to choose another vehicle, this time the CX heli, and the setup was useless!

After another hour, I had that set up well enough to fly. COOL! By this time, I made several 'copies' of my different control setups, and can see I have to make one for each vehicle I want to fly. Lotta work! But fun.

Then, I chose the Jet copter. After almost ANOTHER hour, I had that flying smoothly, but I had to delete all the mixing / mode stuff to get it to work well enough to fly.

There are still quirks with the setup:

1. Problem - If I give too much forward cyclic, it acts like I hit the "Instant Right" button (heli on the ground, level and ready).

2. Quirk - The intial control mode says "Stunt 1", but if I give it really hard right cyclic, it auto switches to "Normal" Mode.

Any tips, tutorials, helpful screenshots will go a long way, Thanks again!

~MarK Indiveri
Test Engineer
NVIDIA Corp.
www.nvidia.com