RCU Forums - View Single Post - Purchasing Avistar! SUGGESTIONS NEEDED!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2003, 04:50 AM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasing Avistar! SUGGESTIONS NEEDED!

Mine was fast! It had an irvine 53 on the front! and i made a few modifications to keep the weight down. Unlimited vertical at half throttle!, i could hover it for 15 seconds or more... unfortunatly i used soft rubberbands to hold the wing last weekend :stupid: , and the wing lifted off the saddle in flight and snapped it in half. i loved that plane! :cry: so i am building another one this week.

I reduced the dihedral on my first one to make it more like a sport plane, but the standard dihedral is not enough to make it fly too much like a trainer, the roll rates can be relativley high, but you can set them for any rate you want by adjusting the pushrod positions, or if you have a computer radio, by adjusting the programming. Digital radio kicks. I think the JR 421 is around 170$?

You won't out grow it anytime soon. It is a trainer that thinks it is a sport plane. i bought mine because i teach with it, but i didn't want somthing that i would be bored flying in case my student doesn't show. The only bad thing is the main landing gear tends to sag after a few landings so you might want to add some piano wie and a spring between the wheels to boost it.