RCU Forums - View Single Post - crop duster r/c
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 11:22 AM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: crop duster r/c

Here is what I did on mine for a slurry hopper. This plane actually started out as a Sig 4 Star 120. I looked at the Full Scale pics on AirTractors web site, and downloaded their 3 view w/dimensions, and started scratch building from there. I was also concerned about a changing CG, so I just kept it all in the middle and low by boxing in a couple of the spaces in the wing. It's actually two separate compartments because of the center ply section connecting the two wings halves, did not want to loose structural strength anywhere. One concern I had was making the doors strong enough and tight enough that it didn't leak any powder when filled, and vibrating due to the engine running. Hard ply doors and some really soft foam weather stripping has done the trick. I can get a total of 2 cups loaded per drop. If anyone is interested, I have a complete build thread of my AirTractor (Sig 4*120) on my little MSN website at [link=http://groups.msn.com/PuttsRCHomePage/]Putt's RC Home Page.[/link] Go to 'Pictures' and the 2nd page of album titles. I guess the only thing about mine is with all of the control horns, hinges, and servo parts, it kind of detracts from any semblance (?) of scale, but when it's sitting on the ground most folks don't notice. About the only change I've made since these pics were taken is I have had TnT build a custom main gear for me and have it installed now.

I wanted to build something originally to honor some of the Slurry Bomber pilots I've known and more I've watched do their magic on a fire line. Truly some awesome pilots. My Hats Off To You Guys As Always, you help keep my backdoor green
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99103.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	563027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26311.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	563028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67480.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	57.9 KB