RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4-tec really hitting 70?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Blackfoot
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4-tec really hitting 70?

ORIGINAL: rushrtr3

I work at a hobby store so I've seen all of them but have driven all versions of the t-maxx, revo, bandit, stampede and rustler. The only 4-tech i've driven was one with a 2.5r. The origional 2.5 engines and the 3.3 engines are a major pain to tune and keep running right not too mention they overheat like a **** if you use anything but traxxas fuel. I usualy have at least 2 people a week come in with a broken t-maxx, mainly suspension arms and trany rebuilds. Most of the cars that come just need to be tuned properly and that in itself is a big task for most traxxas engines. The only exception is the 2.5r, it's the only one that can keep a decent tune and the temps usualy stay cool. The 3.3 is the worst of them all in my opinion. I've seen enough of these cars and worked with them enough that I know I will never by one for myself.
Your smoking cheap assed crack! Plain and simple.
3.3 hard to tune? HAHA, 3.3's or 2.5's Overheating? Bull****!! THe only freaking way that a 3.3, 2.5 will ever overheat is if some mook that shouldnt be aloud to touch a Nitro is running the screwdriver and leaning it out too much

My 3.3 runs a constant 210 and the three 2.5's runs from 200-230 thats after 4-5 tanks. Either get your facts straight or hand in your 2 week notice, coz you havent a clue about RC's and shouldnt be aloud to work in a Hobby Shop. PERIOD! You said you dont own a TRAXXAS and never will, so shut the hell up about dissing on them unless you actually man up and buy one. Till then, go play with the xmods.

My 4tec has a OS .18 CV-RX. It will run over 65mph without even trying. My buddy has a 3.3 4TEC and My OS powered 4TEC cant even compare. The OS should hand his ass to him, but it doesnt. Not to mention the pain in the ass major Mods I had to do to make the OS fit in the stock chassis mounts. I wish I would have bought a 3.3. Coz they will smoke a OS .18 any day of the week in a 4TEC. Been there, done that and lived it.