RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should I re-do my Avistar wing?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2003, 04:13 PM
grippm
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I re-do my Avistar wing?

As one can see from all the posts, everyone has their own opinions on these, and in the long run there is no right or wrong with any of these posts. I have built & flown dozens of these planes, and assisted in crashing a few of them. The newer versions of the ARTF do only come with a 5 inch wooden ply joiner. To be honest, I didn't even read the directions for that last one, but when I see a wooden joiner, it's epoxy those wing halves together all the way. There really wasn't anything wrong with the original design, with the steel rod, as long as you constantly checked those wing clamp screws. I have found in every Avistar I've seen, those screws eventually wallow out and come loose. If they do pop out in flight, that rod is only going to hold the wing together for so long before it does a beautiful spiral. Same goes for vert & horizon Stab. For anyone wanting the original question answered, you read all the responses, formulate your own opinion, then do what you feel comfortable with. As for me, it's glue, glue, glue.