RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should I re-do my Avistar wing?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2003, 04:52 AM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should I re-do my Avistar wing?

Originally posted by GotCoffee66
I epoxied my wings, "had" the all wood version with no steel rod. Saturday I dumb thumbed mine while doing a low high speed turn toward me when the plane pitched down and toward me, I moved the stick to the left instead of under the low wing. She came down hard, wings broke in half, shattered the outside tips it hit so hard. The fuse was shattered almost half it's length. I'm fairly new so was my first plane and still am in shock. Like losing a dog. I liked the Avistar so much that I have one on order and should be here in a week. I have a new .46 Tower that was going to put in next week. Radio is fine, engine fine, one servo a little screwy now so will sell on e-bay... (just kidding).
If that was an Avistar you crashed then you flew beyond your limits as a newbie.
Next time keep it higher.
I have a lot of flight time but the only thing I do at low alitude is touch and go at a rather high speed.
You'll love the trainer 60 but even that will crash if you do the same at low alitude.
It flies slower and will respond slower.
Keep it high and if you lose it then let the controls go and it will level out.
I guess that 13 inch steel bar wouldn't save those wings.
I looked at many kits and I can't justify paying so much for balsa thats so thin you can see light through it.
An out of control plane like that can rearrange your face with that prop.
Be careful.