RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fusion ARF
Thread: Fusion ARF
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 10:52 PM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Fusion ARF

Hate to chime in with this kinda news, but I'm having the same problem with the covering issue. And I havent even flown it yet! While out in the shop last night, I was cleaning everything up after completion of the model. I was using window cleaner and paper towels to remove dust etc from the plane, and several of the stripes were starting to peel off when I'd wipe across them. But it was only the clear that was peeling, and the color would stay on. After re-ironing all of the stripes again, it looks as if they holding. I had already ironed down all of the covering, especially the stripes, as soon as I began this project. Not sure what covering it is, but its really heat sensitive, and really difficult to remove, as it always leaves the color behind, and only the clear part comes off. This was discovered while recovering the wing access hatch. True, all these colors match Ultra Cote perfectly, but it would be great if the whole model was done in a better covering. I dont have a good feeling about this stuff! I thought about recovering the whole model, but it would take forever to remove all the white base covering, because you'll need to sand off all the color. Guess I'll be taking a role of clear tape with me to the field just in case. I'm with Stevl on this one. I'd be GLAD to pay extra for quality film.
Still, even with the covering issues, I have to say this is one sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet flying machine. Jay Bensons (pics above ) is an absolute BLAST to fly. And with that 120AX in the busuness end of it, it's a rocket on vertical lines. Jay was out today with his, doing tail touch'n torque rolls, and end'os in its own length. We'll have to get a video up in here when we get'm all up and flying. Should have 3 of them knock'n holes in the clouds real soon.