RCU Forums - View Single Post - H9 Corsair flaps
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Craig-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H9 Corsair flaps

Thanks, Warbird Man. Yes, I was able to add flaps without recovering the wing. But, I did remove all of the covering off the flap pieces after they were cut out. If you look closely at the second photo in post #4, you'll notice that I've started to build balsa structure inside the wing on the right side of the photo while the left side has only the original structure. The covering on the bottom of the wing on the left side of the photo actually has no balsa support under it at this point and is just a free-span of unsupported covering. After I built the proper surface structure under the covering inside the wing, I continued the spar (that originally ended at the small bay just outside the wheel well) out to the aileron. Sorry, no pictures of that.

Here are more pictures of the underside of the wing. I built the other side of the wing as a mirror image. This requires an electronic reversal of one of the servos. The hinges won't bind if you keep the hinge pins on a flap section sighted on the same line. This is hard to do perfectly on the corsair's bent wing. I just eyeballed it and got close enough for the hinges not to bind too much. The shafts of the robart hinges a little bit flexible, so that helps too. The pushrod fitted between the flaps won't bind if you leave enough space between the flap sections (only a 1/16" gap is required).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97758.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	568583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27994.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	568584