RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lipos in parallel ?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 02:13 AM
sputnikxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lipos in parallel ?

ok... ive read through this stuff... and I understand it but I dont... if that makes sense... I want to fully make sure I understand this stuff seeing as I want to make my own lipo packs cause of course its cheaper but, I dont want to put myself in danger or destroy any cells in the process... I have a thunder power lipo 2 cell 2100 mah 7.4v 15c cont 20c burst 31.5a/42a this is what I have learned so far

to get the correct max amp discharge rate I take the 15c and multiply it by the mah or ah for example 15x2100 = 31,500 which would mean 31.5 amps continous or 20c X 2100=4200 or 42Amps and I have been told that to ensure battery life on lipos I should draw 2 amps below the max discharge rate so example on this one 29.5 amps would be safe for continuous draw...

ok I understand that to more voltage I wire in series -batt1+-batt2+ and for more mah or ah I wire in parallel -batt1++batt2- and im guessing In the series setup I run a neg wire off the neg end and a pos wire off the pos end, and for parallel I connect the neg terminals together and the pos terminals together and then run a wire off the neg and a wire off the pos to hook up to my esc...

I guess what im wanting to know is on my thunder power battery 2100 mah 7.4v 2cell 15c is each pack 2100 mah and they wired two 3.7v in series to get the 7.4v or is each cell 7.4v and they are run in parallel to increase the mah?... im assuming that it is in series due to the length of the batteries, if im correct lipo single cells are only 3.7v and if I think..

I am still confused on how do they determine the mah, and the c rating? when you combine cells does the c rating change also? depending on if you do it in series or parallel?

I want to make an 11.1v 3cell 2100 mah and if I want to include a balancer plug how do I wire that up? I notice on my thunder power there are 4 wires going to the plug which im assuming is a pos and neg for each cell?

EDIT: one more question if I have a charger that can charge up to 3 cells, if I had 4 individual cells in a pack and one of the 4 was parallel with another to increase the 'ah would that pack still be considered a 3cell or would that be a 4 cell?