RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 11:41 AM
WarbirdAirRacer
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build

Well Im glad everyone and their brother lives at sea level where glow runs its ass off and makes more power then gas. They must only sell the power house glow engines where everyone else lives and send the ****ty ones here. ...... But im not one of those lucky brothers that lives at sea level.....so when you live at 6000 OVER sea level glow doesnt run as good as it does at sea level. One must look to different roads to go down....And last I checked that BMCA 26 was about 38 ounces (including ignition and muffler) and a YS 1.40-1.60 was 33 ounces (plus 20oz. of glow fuel) so you add all that up and thats 53 ounces. (3lbs 31oz.) and even if I went with the 26 with a 16 oz. tank that still 1 oz. more then the YS with a 20 oz. tank...hell we've even put 25 oz. tanks in Ultimates before with no proglems.....but im sure you thought about that while looking at their web site, before making your post or knew that before you made that post. ...So I dont think the wing loading will rocket through the roof like you think. Sorry Im not die hard glow fan (like you) that loves to pay 18.00 bucks a gallon for fuel and only get about 7 flights on a gallon of fuel. I believe there is better and cheaper (2.03 a gallon for gas) ways out in the world and I am going to use them. Gas has came along way since my earily days of flying and I love the performace of gas up here and I am going to go that route. Guess I better pick up a super tiger 4500 for my H9 46% Ultimate since glow makes so much more power.

If you dont mind me asking.......I was wondering how many CG Ultimates you've owned and flown and built and for how long ? I myself have been flying and building this airframe for the better part of 16 years for myself my father and others that have wanted one.