RCU Forums - View Single Post - HARMON ROCKET
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Danh4
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HARMON ROCKET

I just replaced the soft landing gear legs on my Harmon Rocket and thought I'd post here to let everybody know what I used and how easy it was. Based on the photo and description on Tower's website, I took a chance and ordered a set of replacement gear legs for a "Venus II .61-1.20 ARF" (Great Planes #GPMA2528) because they are a two-piece set that appeared to closely resemble the original Seagull units. They fit with only minor trimming (I cut 1/8" off the front of the mounting tabs with my scroll saw) and only one hole in each leg had to be redrilled in order to use the existing blind nuts in the plane. I also had to remove a small amount of wood at the front of each slot that the gear slides into in the side of the fuselage. You'll need a set of bolt-on axles to work with the new gear and another way to mount the wheel pants, the Venus gear has two small holes already drilled for mounting them with screws. So if you're looking to replace the gear that came with the plane, try these, it's pretty easy and they are a LOT stiffer. -Dan