RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2 Stroke in Sig Rascal 40
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 11:37 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2 Stroke in Sig Rascal 40

ORIGINAL: N1EDM

I also 'had' a Rascal 40 with a TT Pro 46 in it. To make a long story short, I flew a big loop, let too much speed build up on the backside and didn't throttle back. I wanted to make a high-speed pass and thought I was pulling out gradually. Well, I wasn't.

The wings departed the fuselage simultaneously. The last part 'flying' was the landing gear which was ripped off the fuse. I left debris for 250 feet... man, what a great crash!! Wish I had video

It wasn't the fault of the plane by any means - I just pulled too many G's. I really love this plane and am going to get another. But, just be careful with your OS. Have fun with this bird. You're really going to enjoy it.

Bob

-------------

Any sport ARF that will not perform a full throttle loop when powered by an engine within the rated displacement range without structural failure is defective, UNLESS you let it go straight down at full throttle and then jerked in full up elevator in copiously over abundant amounts. Seriously, I would talk to them about providing a free replacement.

Ed Cregger