RCU Forums - View Single Post - LA Heli MaxiR Std. Full Build Thread...
Old 12-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Kdill2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LA Heli MaxiR Std. Full Build Thread...

Installing the Main Shaft and Swashplate...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first real tip for the MaxiR... I have a great selection of dill bits and after scratching my beautiful blue MaxiR SE Rotor Head, I was determined not to let that happen again and somehow find an easier way to insert the jesus pins in the main shaft. So, I measured the pin that came with my SE, it was 1mm, it's a tight fit in the aluminum Rotor Head and I had a dificult time measuring the ID accurately enough to be sure of its size(no pin guages here at home). So I took out a #60 drill bit, THIS is not a hardware store drill it, it's a bit sold for use in industrial applications, very precision, I chucked it up in my pin vise and bored the Rotor Head cross hole and the cross hole in the main shaft. What I found was the main shaft hole was already sized to 1mm or #60. But the Rotor Head was an extremely tight press fit 1mm. After boring by hand with the #60 bit in my pin vise, it was a perfect press fit with the included pin.

I did this same thing on this one before I even tried to instal the pin and no more scratches and a fairly easy installation(the perfect press fit), also no way is the jesus pin falling out. But I can remove it if neccessary.

After the main shaft is installed, it's time to install the swashplate...

Ken