RCU Forums - View Single Post - DS821 Servos
Thread: DS821 Servos
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Jack Skip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DS821 Servos

Maybe you guys can help, being JR knowledgable.

I am putting together a Hangar9 Cessna for a friend, using the JR DS821 servos. So far 3 of the servos have broken the output shaft. Twice on the rudder and once on the elevator. The first time the rudder one broke I replaced it with a fresh DS821. This time the rudder servo broke. Shortly after that the elevator rudder broke. With the first one breaking I thought it may have been just a bad servo. BUt with 3 breaking, there must be something else going on.

I am puzzled and would like to find out what the problem is. Not sure if it is a set up problem, or a batch of faulty servos, or what. He baught the servos about 15 months ago, but they have not been used in anything yet. The linkages move freely without any binding. The failsafe is set at center. The throws are not extreme and within the range of free motion. The plane has only been on the building table and outside once for engine break in. The arms have been snugged down to the output shaft, but not overly tight.

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome. We need to find and solve the problem as there are another 5 similar servos in the plane. My friend definately does not want totake it up until this mystery is solved.