RCU Forums - View Single Post - Paint compatibility help please!!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 06:43 PM
alpinestar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint compatibility help please!!

So i finally time to lay some paint on my latest project, a 'glassed TF corsair. I'm doing the tri-color scheme, & found rustoleum "American Accents" spray cans for the white & light blue, and a Krylon " satin touch" color for the dark blue. I painted the wing first, all three colors no problem. I had very minimal oversray of white, then light blue, ending up under the dark blue Krylon where the colors met.

Now, on to the fuse..... I had much more "excess" white and light blue coverage than on the wing. No big deal, it will easily be covered by the dark blue...... EXCEPT now I've discovered an incompatibility between the rusto "american accents" and Krylon (blistering,
etc). I tried sanding and applying Rusto primer as a barrier coat, but the primer was incompatible as well.

My last idea (haven't tried yet) is to spray the dark blue Krylon into a cup & let the solvents evaporate off, then spray with an airbrush. Any thoughts on if this will help?? I'm only guessing that the solvents are to blame; any paint guru's out there have some advice?? I'm kinda stuck right now given that the wing is completely painted & looks great (I'd hate to mess with it)
thanks
-m