Thread: Radios-again
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 02:47 PM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Radios-again

Quote by Rick:
"He said if it was electric he could help, but didn't have any idea for 1/2a."

Don't feel bad, At my LHS They can't help if 1/2 A OR electric... unless it is one of the RTF helicopters.

I rarely have that much to spend for an upgrade myself but when I did find myself desperatly needing to upgrade I quickly found that I would not be happy till I had a 6 channel radio. The 4 channel jobs are just too featurless.
I was primarily after mixing function for V-tails and flying wings. After all the after market mixers usually run $25-$30. Ouch!

I wound up with a Futaba 6EXA programmable that was practically like new till I cycled the 600 mah battery. I got a brand new 2300 mah pack to replace it off 8bay for under $ brought to my door. The TX was $75.00 delivered. I bought it from one of the guys on the groups.
I had heard there were good deals there but I had to research a lot so i knew what was what. It was a headache for sure so I know why you ask.

Still I hate to reccomend a specfic radio because of personal tastes and preferences plus there is such a large variety to choose from. I just know what made me happy!

I hope what I have said here helps somehow.good luck, Robert