RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radios-again
Thread: Radios-again
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radios-again

PT, what great minds were you referring to? Did I miss something?

Here's my dos centavos (I'm trying to get "correct"); Yes, computer radio. Hitec, Futaba, or JR. all OK. I replaced my Hitec systems(with Futabas) because the model name does not show on the screen - making it too easy for me to launch with the wrong model in "core". Futaba offers expandable model memory (Vic has 128 I believe). But I'm not sure what xmtrs offer this option. I've never owned any JR equipment so I can't comment - but it brings me to my second centavo; its a good idea to find out what is most popular at your club - or what the LHS stocks. This becomes an issue if you want/need something compatible quick. HItec anf Futaba are all switchable. JR not always so much.

But if I were in the market for a long term system I'd strongly look at the Spectra DX or whatever it is that is frequency free. They offer a small-ish receiver and I'm sure there's gonna be more options in the near future. Either that system will make everything else obsolete real quick - or fizzle for some reason nobody's thought of yet (my humble opinion). So you could be the first kid on your block . . . etc.