RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should Manufacturers meet their advertised thrust/fuel economy?
Old 12-16-2006, 12:08 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Should Manufacturers meet their advertised thrust/fuel economy?

It might not be a good idea for Ghost rider to test the turbines because he would just post the test results , and then outta habit just close the thread. J.K
Not but seriously its time for manufacturers to start making accurate thrust and fuel claims, include the engine test results with each turbine, and then have some third party test results like the GTBA. This would be so easy to set up at a jet event.
Its really hard to sift through the politcally correct post to determine any real data about an engine. It would also be REALLY nice if we were able to track and count flameouts and turbine failures of all brands.
Its also time for us end users to quit pretending like we never have any problems with the current turbines we are flying. I cant tell u how many times I have heard how awesome an engine brand is til after brands are switched and then you hear the real story. You ask anyone how they like their turbine they are currently using and they always tell you how much they love it, then you ask someone how they liked the same turbine they used to fly and they tell you how much of a piece of crap it was. Also people get their favorite brand turbine for the time being and seem to get amnesia about all the flameouts they have and all the money they've spent maintaining their turbine. People always say "go to the meets and see what people are flying and ask them for advise". All your going to get is very bias opinions, no real factual data.
Its really hard to come to any conclusions about any brand of turbines because the manufacturers arent accurate and the users are very bias. The only way to know currently how a turbine performs is to become the test dummy.
Now there are more choices then ever for turbine purchases, its time for factual data to be included when purchasing a new turbine.
There are alot of manufacturers claiming some very high thrust ratings and im curious how long these turbines last producing these thrust figures. I dont want a high performance turbine that blows up in 49 flights, just as much as I dont want an overated thrust turbine.
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
Scott