RCU Forums - View Single Post - 48" Viper
Thread: 48" Viper
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 12:10 PM
PlumKrazyrcboats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 48" Viper

Hi Patrick,
First let me say that the boat comes with both the 270 & 275 prather props. use the 275 on it.
Next, you will find alot of people out here that can help with questions, but be aware everyone has there own opinion.
I personaly built your boat and know it is set up perfect in all ways.
For a boat this size, like someone said, anywhere in the 40 mph range is doing very good.
If you went to a 280 prather prop, you will end up with to much prop torque and the boat will want to pull hard to the right & the RPM's will drop dramticually.
There are alot of props out there a guy an use, but for the most part you will only notice a very small differance, untill you find just that special one that is perfect.
But in the mean time you will have spent $$$$$$$$ to find it.
Each boat has its own personality (per say), you could have two boats built the exact same and one will always be different in speed and handling.
Believe me I have heard just about every thing you can think up about our boats, and to be honest. 98% of it is peer speculation and guess work on peoples part.

Yes, alot of you have our hulls out there, and yes, they are not racing hulls they are sport hulls.
We do not try to compete with the larger boat builders as it is a waste of time, we are a small company and don't have the resourses to keep up with everything in the racing end of it.
The main problem is people love our designs and colors and then want to take them out to the races, and they get beat becuase they don't have them set up properly or any other number of reasons. (wrong motor, prop, setup, ect)
Then all we hear is complaints, why they got out run in there class of racing.

We here at Plum Krazy RC Boats
WISH EVERYONE!
YES!
That even includes YOU!
A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR