RCU Forums - View Single Post - Swick Taylorcraft
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 09:47 AM
hifly2104
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Swick Taylorcraft

I spent yesterday just putzin around on the plane. I got the top hatch cut and taped together for a fit with the glass in it.
I have already thanked my father in law for giving me his table saw but will do it on here even though he may never read it .Thanks Jack!! Guess what I am trying to say is the better the equipment the better the job. Prior to building this plane I had an off shore made table saw was alright to a certain degree. Guess its that certain degree that makes the difference in fit and finish.Jack my father in law gave me his old table saw (at least 30/40 years old)weighs 2 tonnes and works like a dream .Any inaccuracy is in the user

Back to the build. As I was saying frame installed with the glass in it really adds a nice touch to the plane. Placing small pieces of wood here and there to finish off the shape.Also realized there should be stringers running the length of the fuse along the top(Thanks for those Pics Bob Moore ) plans are a little iffy on that part. Have the doors made or atleast framed trying to decide how I want to install the glass. With or without roll up windows. Hey just kidding but I bet it made you laugh. Will try and get a couple more pics on later. Thanks for the input guys wasn't sure if anyone was reading this