RCU Forums - View Single Post - Patriot related
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Methanolover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Patriot related

Vasek, I'm glad you likes this setup! Hopefully it will work. I have a .60 LX too that was dedicated to this plane but then I decided it would go perfectly into a ME 163 Komet I got my hands on. (coming proj.) So what was left on the shelf was this .90

The spinner in pic is a cheap Chineese 2,25" , on the box: "AP-spinners" Maby would better had been a 2,5" to mate fuse nicer but that also means extra weight. Thinking of a plastic spinner with a light alu backplate, Tyone/Texson which is a full oz lighter!! I'll get one, take a good look at it to see if it's worthy a Jett. ( balance and cone's fastening to backplate etc.)

Our grass field is mostly frozen and/or snowy this time of year so expect no flightreport yet... Very bad for these small wheels you know. But the two tank setup will be reported in a few days! Can't wait to fire that engine up and listen to it's song.

Yes ,I will gladly report the progresses of this Patriot rebirth.

Razor, that was VERY before.... When I first got to the crashed Patriot and saw the remains , I emediately yelled for a shrink or a bottle, and a big plastic bag.
Lying on the shelf for over 2 years, now and then giving me pleasant memory flashes, but also reminding me of what I have to do; restore it! The level of damage just decides how long it will take for me to come to the same conclution every time; It's easier to make the repairs than building a new one!!
Luckily I have a complete Patriot kit on the attic, very handy when making new spars, formers and a new canopy. The fuse sides was great to have when aligning the fuse parts over the wing.

Strykaas, those plastic wheels was what I found at the time (from a curtain mechanism) to route the wires for the steerable nose wheel. I will look for something neater. take a trip to my local fishing shop? Now, did you ever build that J35 Draken??????? Mine is still alive!

BR Henrik #28
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46005.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	580730   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44863.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	580731   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28162.jpg
Views:	24