RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models Extra 300
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 05:42 PM
flapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ZDZ 50

Hi,
Needed to re open this thread as I need some advice about a couple of things. First, anything good to be said about running the OS 1.60FX on this plane? Second, I have read that with this engine fitted in the stock plane configeration (as per book) it comes out nose heavy. I have finished putting mine together and I can't believe how much TAIL HEAVY it has turned out. This is using the suggested CG of 100mm from the leading edge where the wings meet the fuselage (normal situation).

IS THE SUGGESTED CG IN THE MANUAL WRONG. EVEN WITH 150MM FROM LEADING EDGE IT IS STILL TAIL HEAVY.

Battery (twin 4.8v nicads 1100mah in parallel) is situated on engine box and receiver moved as far forward as possible. Stab and rudder removable and no excessive weight was added to rear section. Epoxy used to glue fin with just enough used for job with weight in mind.

I don't really want to add more nose weight. Unless I increase HP. Does anyone have pics of their plane on a CG machine or similar with the OS fitted?

Confused and slightly dissapointed.

Mark. [&o]