RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEED HELP WITH NEW ELECTRIC 3D PLANE
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 06:04 PM
dpsa98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP WITH NEW ELECTRIC 3D PLANE

I am putting together my first electric plane. I already have one that was mostly pre built but this one is from scratch. I have a Charger RC "3D Shifty" that I am going to start to put together this weekend. I have all of the parts I need but I really have no idea how to mount them onto the plane. The directions are a little vague. The guy at my LHS was nice enough to soder all of the correct ends onto my battery and charger leads.

I guess I will tell you all of my parts/ I have a Hacker A20 motor with the X-20 ESC. My receiver is a Hitec Micro 05S 6ch that works with my Airtronics VG600 Radio and 3 of my servos are the GWS Pico Naro and I have one E-Flite S75 Sub Micro Servo that I will use with my planes elevator. My battery is a Tiger Power 3-Cell 1320Mah.

I would love to hear any advice that you may have about putting one of these together. Is there anything I should do or not do. Any tricks or tips I should know before putting one of these foam planes together? I have th CA glue for foam and activator also. Also does this setup sound pretty decent? I already have a parkzone typhoon that I upgraded the battery to Lipo and I enjoy that but it requires a bit more space to fly than plane like this one. With this I should be able to just play around with it out in front of the house instead of going to the park. If you wanted to take a look at a similar plane from the same company you can go to www.chargerrc.com. I don't know much about these planes except I got just the plane itself as a gift.

Anyway thanks for your help. If I get it up and flying this weekend I will take video of it and post video of my first crash ohhhhh I mean flight