RCU Forums - View Single Post - Curare build
Thread: Curare build
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 08:26 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Curare build

I dunno know if you are interested in this now that you have begun work on a Curare' from the M.A.N. plan, but I have the A/C set for laser cutting. Instead of a foam wing I went to a wooden build up one.

There are just so many problems with the M.A.N. plan that I had to draft up my own using Autocad. I had a rough set of plans made up nearly two months ago, and a friend whacked the A/C into the ground at better than 100 MPH it looks.

First thing which has been mentioned here several times is the inconsistant wing chord and airfoil(s). I ahd to use an airfoil program to sort out the lumps and bumps.
Second thing is, gee I'd like to find a retracting nose gear that actually shortens up 1/2" upon retraction. I am using the common Hobbico gear set, and had to move a few things around at that.
Third, is the sides are actually 5mm thick. Says so on other plans, and is an equazion at bottom of the M.A.N. plan. This is a bit thicker than 3/16" and I had to make mine from old metric stock I once got when Superior was going. Am going to make up a few more semi-kits next January after I get some shop machinery going OK.

I don't own a Webra Speed, but have been planning on a GMS .61 for power. Good enough for my style of flying. No plans yet, but if interested in parts ship me a P.M.

Wm.