RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF FW-190 spring air retracts
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 04:04 PM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: TF FW-190 spring air retracts

While on the subject, I Have used CJ for years with average sucsess. When it was time to put retracts in my Platt Focke Wulf 190 A-4 I bought a set of CJM's. But the Camb was wrong. Locked down is not over center, its inclined plane. That means load them up with a side load and the forward one can fold.

Further more my son and I bought a set for each of our flop tite P-40 and evergreen P-51D a few years ago. only two of the four cylinders held air only one of the FW cylinders held air. after treating with AC oil and flushing for over 6 months they still leak. I know if I call Bruce he will replace them but I need to send him the falty ones first. I don't have much hope they will arive here in a timely maner unless I pay for them. I base this on the last strut addapter I bent I ordered a replacement from bruce, drew it up and ordered it from the local machine shop, also. Well the plane was only down for about a week and I'm still waiting for the parts from bruce (believe I ordered them in April06.

We swopped the cylinders to get one set that worked and before april I've got to do something.

Joe