RCU Forums - View Single Post - POST A PIC OF YOUR DRIFTER THREAD!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 08:15 PM
driftdriftdrift
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POST A PIC OF YOUR DRIFTER THREAD!!!!!!!!!

its said that the ta05 is better handling and more effcient than the 04. The TA05 has equal belt lengths and the motor is mounted in the middle of the chassis, compared to the TA04 which has unequal belt lengths (rear is much shorter than the main/front) and the motor is mounted in the rear. I havent driven a TA05 or my 04 yet so i cant say for sure

Now lets think of it like this
TA05= motor is pretty much in the center of the chassis, weight is in the middle neutral handling, probably doesnt favor any understeer or oversteer. weight tranfer from accleration is not crazy because the motor being literally mid mounted. Basically a wonderfully balanced car stock.

TA04= motor is in the rear of the car. harder to get the rear out but when it gets loose, the momentum is great. transitions carry more behind them. More likely to understeer a little bit because of the rear being able to grip more due to the motor weight, and the weight transfer from accleration.

In my 04, i have the smaller shock collars on the front (softer and lower to the ground) and the larger ones that the kit called for in the rear (stiffer). Im going to try that setup out soon to see what happens