Thread: Curare build
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 10:01 PM
handglider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Curare build

Hi All,

Today I did a little creative re-design work with the curare fuselage. I extended the tail 1 3/4" and the nose 1/2". I felt the nose extension was needed to fit a dave brown FS90 engine mount and any modern engine. That mount fits most 61 2c and the OS 91 fs - don't worry I don't plan on running a 4 stroke, this mount fits my YS 61, the OS 61, ST 61 and the Webra 61 ... etc everything I have on hand. The firewall will be widened to 2 3/4" to fit the mount. I also set it up for the 2 1/4 TruTurn. My total fuse length including the spinner should be a bit over 59".

I cut a fuse side template and it still looks just like the original curare. And I would assume that this plane would be total spa legal. I put cut one set of fuse sides and 1/32 ply doublers, laid it up with slow epoxy and the whole thing is in the press right now curing with about 200 lbs. sitting on it....

I also cut a set of formers, an almost straight taper from the firewall to the tail, I'll get it all in the jig tomorrow. I have a good friend lined up to cut the foam cores. Maybe we will get them cut this weekend..... we will see.