RCU Forums - View Single Post - "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 02:16 AM
naviuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Hi All

Ok cool, i'll try those sites out,

Yip i use after run oil 1 to 2 drops everytime, i'm pretty strict when it comes to being clean on my truck, now that i'm back in S.A i got all my tools, I clean it with a compressor and then check all the parts etc, I though about the retune which i tried while i was there but the truck is running at the right temperature 220 F to 230 F.
The one problem i did have but i don;t think it is related is the battery holder that holds the batteries for the servo's melted on the negative links, i replaced that and since then no issue, but i can see that even coming into feature.

I'm going to strip it this week and then i'll see if i can find anything weird.
My girlfriends cousin bought one of these trucks from London, He managed to put the metal plate that holds the spur gear on through the spur gear, so in other words it cut the inside of the spur gear out, quite a interesting one, so once i have fixed his i'll move onto mine.

Is it possible to be running the right temperature and the truck not to be tuned right? i always got taught that you try get it to run 220F to 230F and then you fine???

Thanks
Pierre