RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Reactor ARF .46-.70 - Build Thread
Old 01-03-2007, 08:33 AM
JustErik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Reactor ARF .46-.70 - Build Thread

Mark,

I don't have any personal experience with the Perry pump but I do have a couple of the [link=http://www.billsroom.com/pcfs/]Cline and Associates[/link] regulators, which work very well, although they are a bit expensive. I've also heard of a similar unit made by Iron Bay, or something similar, which works just as well. The Cline unit makes use of crankcase pressure to pressurize the tank and a regulator near the carb to only give the engine a squirt of fuel when it senses a vacuum pulse from the carb. Unless I'm mistaken, it is essentially the exact same thing as the YS system, except that it's not built in to the engine. In four-stroke applications, the Cline unit might work off of muffler pressure instead of crankcase pressure. This is all from memory, so be sure to do a little research before you reach a conclusion. Another thing to consider is the additional weight. I agree that moving the tank back will help with trim changes, but since we balance our planes with an empty tank (at least I do ) adding the pump and moving the tank might be a wash as far as getting rid of some tail weight. Just something else to consider.

And Don, thanks for your comments. The camera is a Canon S2 IS......typical point-and-shoot. I'd love to take credit for the pics, but the camera does all the thinking for me.