RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which Nitro Mini Would You Choose?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 05:20 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which Nitro Mini Would You Choose?

So, a friend of mine got a Chaos as a gift from his girlfriend for Christmas this year. Now that I've seen it run a few times, I think I want to jump into the nitro mini scene. I'm not new to minis(had an RC18MT which I passed on to my brother), or nitro(currently have an MGT), but I am new to mini-nitro. So far, I have considered the schumacher rascal, the kyosho mini inferno 09, the trinity next and the team vtx truggy. I was also thinking about the upcoming jammin crt.5, but I'm getting impatient. It seems like they all have pros and cons, so I'm having a tough time deciding which route I should go if I decide to sink some money into this segment. I don't think anybody races nitro mini around here, and Im just looking for a backyard/baseball diamond/gravel lot basher. So far I've come up with this:

Rascal pros: .18 pullstart engine, uses std tires and wheels, thick chassis should take abuse well, build quality
Rascal cons: short wheelbase, 2WD

Mini Inferno 09 pros: 4WD, kyosho parts support, popularity, build quality, sirio engine, some parts interchange w/ electric KMI
Mini Inferno 09 cons: bump start only, less ground clearance, special glow plugs

Next/VTX pros: 4WD, truggy stance w/ better ground clearance, drake 09(NEXT only)
Next/VTX cons: specialized tire sizes, .06 engine(VTX only), parts support?, build quality?

Just curious to see what others think about these vehicles. I really like the KMI 09, but having to lug a bumpstarter with me is kind of a liability, and I could buy a Hyper 7 PBS or an SHO for the same price! The NEXT/VTX look pretty good, but I'm a bit worried that parts might not be available a year from now...