RCU Forums - View Single Post - Olympus fit in large UltraBandit Bypass
Old 01-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Olympus fit in large UltraBandit Bypass

Hi Andy and Happy New Year to you......hope to see you at FJ 2007.......

Mick: I would appreciate any photos you might have......actually, using the stainless shims under the straps makes for a very tight grip on the Oly.....no wiggles around the ears......As you can see, I did add some 1/4" hard plywood and 3mm C/F plate with Aeropoxy to the integral ears on the bypass like I have done on my Bandits, otherwise they are a bit flimsy......

I have the Pegasus HPNL mounted on my Kingcat just using the BVM straps as well.....have pounded it hard with snaps and pullups for nearly 200 flights and it hasn't moved a mm.......

The only sorting left now is how to get some sort of a FOD screen mounted without blocking the airflow......not sure that can be done as the Oly or P-200 suck such a large mass flow of air that the ususal screen used on a KJ-66 won't work, and getting anything with more surface area like LugeBob has on his P-200 is impossible.....

I also beefed things up a bit by inserting 1/2" maple plugs into that thin C/F plate that the bypass mount attaches to and tapping for 4/40 hard bolts.....using the method suggested in the manual, you only have a couple of threads in the wing carrythru to hold the turbine in during a flick or other violent maneuver.....I also used C/F bolsters on the mounting plate you can see on the previous photos....they are not black as I painted the mount.....I also put in some C/F plate to hold the forward tailpipe/aft bypass holder(that odd shaped thing) in place rather than just using the #2 SHSMS......

All now appears quite solid from inlet union to the end of the pipe......

Tom

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68425.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	590769