RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which Nitro Mini Would You Choose?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 10:50 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which Nitro Mini Would You Choose?

Mini Me,

That's weird. I was going off of Stormer's ad in a recent RCCA which listed the NT18T kit as 299.99 with engine, pipe, and servos; it also said a starter box, Rx, and Tx were required(more $$$). The link you posted looks like a MUCH better deal. I didn't even know there was an MT version out, let alone an RTR. I still think a 1/16 might be a little better for my needs by virtue of being a bit bigger and more stable, but I'll definitely think about the xray. How come I don't hear more about these trucks? I know xray is a quality item......as for kit vs rtr, I really don't have a preference.

To level the playing field a little bit, Ultimate Hobbies has the KMI 09 RTR version listed at $329, so if I shop around, the xray and kyosho will wind up in the same ballpark pricewise.

I'n not sure where I stand on the pullstart issue regarding these minis. On a larger vehicle, I like drill/roto start--I've always avoided bump start cars because I'm lazy and don't like buying and carrying more gear than is absolutely necessary. I never had many problems with the pullstart on my old RC10GT, but then again the pullstart on the MGT didn't last long.