RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which Nitro Mini Would You Choose?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 02:10 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which Nitro Mini Would You Choose?

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen
As far as the "special glow plugs" are concerned.....no one tries to get mini t arms for their 18t so why are they any different. Each car has their own parts....I think thats how it's supposed to be.
Maybe nobody tries to put mini-t arms on an 18t, but have you seen all the crap people will bolt onto a stampede[sm=lol.gif]?
The reason for that observation is the simple fact that in all my years of messing about with glow powered planes, I've only needed either "long" or "short" plugs for two-strokes. The short plugs would work in an engine that needed a long plug, till you could get a replacement anyway(it didn't work the other way around though); even the four-strokes would run on a standard plug in a pinch--this makes it a lot easier to manage field gear for a half-dozen different engines. The only engines I ever dealt with that needed proprietary plugs were Cox and Norvel 1/2As, and even in those cases, the same plug would fit 3 or 4 different engines in their lineup and were interchangeable with adapters. The real problem I have is that no one locally carries kyosho or sirio parts, so if I don't carry a spare, I'm dead in the water if the plug burns out--can't just run to hobbytown for a new one. It ain't such a big deal as long as I can find an online source with reasonable shipping.

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen
Well the KMi09's bimp box fits in your hand. Not much bigger than a 7.2v sub c pack.
Well, that's good to know. I haven't actually seen one in person and it's hard to judge scale from quarter-screen internet images.