RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is this plane?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 02:58 PM
mjfrederick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is this plane?

So has there been a consensus on what the original plane at the top of this post is? I've been racking my brain to try and figure it out. At first glance I thought Bootlegger, but I went in the attic and checked the Bootlegger fuse I have, and the previous comment was correct in that the rear of the wing saddle is not deep enough. It's not a Compensator as the Compensator was not sold with a fiberglass fuse (not by Southern R/C anyway), that was why the Bootlegger was developed, it was a glass-fuse version of the Compensator, Another reason I say it's not a Compensator is that the canopy is way too long (I'm looking at a picture of my dad's old Compensator as I type this, and I'm also building a Gator Flea, the 40-sized Compensator). It definitely looks something from Southern R/C though. I seem to remember the Tiger Tail having very similar lines to the Bootlegger, perhaps that's what this is? I don't even remember if the Tiger Tail was produced by Southern R/C, but from what my dad has told me over the years, Ron Chidgey, Rhett Miller, and Steve Helms all used very similar lines in their designs and it was sometimes hard to tell one model apart from another.