RCU Forums - View Single Post - estes micro plane {with lipo}
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 08:27 AM
calvinlo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: estes micro plane {with lipo}

Hi guys, for your info.

Taiyo is selling something very similar to Estes. See http://www.taiyo-toy.co.jp/lineup/p...tfly/index.html

I got mine in Singapore for about US$25 a couple of days ago, and tested it this evening. Immediately noticed some differences between the Taiyo and Estes models.

Taiyo's Differences with Estes
-----------------------------
Unlike the model by Estes, Taiyo's model has no 2 min limitation i.e. the motors can continue to run until battery is too weak to sustain flight.

Also, there is no 1.5 sec limitation when turning i.e. the plane can continue to turn until I release the right stick on the controller.

Taiyo's Flight Performance
-------------------------
Initially before the flight test, I was quite relax. Having flown a couple of Aero Ace model e.g. Classic, Sports...etc, I thought the Taiyo will be a piece of cake. I was wrong...

Once the plane lifted off, I was shocked by the speed...It shot off and climb much faster than the aero ace. Unlike the Aero Ace which glides well without power, the Taiyo plane needed full power to lift off, and begins to plunge to the ground like a brick when power is off.

Hit the ground twice when it was caught by intermittant strong wind (it's monsoon period in singapore ), with the nose absorbing most of the impact, but fortunately, no damages sustained thus far.

I think I'll need a bigger field than the one I use for the Aero Ace next time...