RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution engine
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution engine

I am having a time with my Evo .61 inverted on a H9 P-51. Any suggestions?
Inverted engines have plagued us Modelers as long as I can remember ,but once a person knows the ends and outs of what is going on, as a rule the dreaded inverted engine delema can be over come fairly easy.

Its a safe bet your tank is to high for a inverted engine in that plane.
You can see where the center line of the tank is in relationship to the center of the spray bar,if its like i'm thinking it won't be hard to spot .I don't now if theres enough room to lower the tank down to the center or not, but it needs to be as close as possible, or maybe just a little below.
You may need to remount the engine sideways to achive this if theres not enough room to lower the tank .As a rule unless I'm doing a kit build I won't go with a inverted engine most of the time, and it just depends on the airframe as to weather I can get the tank on the center or not.

P.S. theres a thread on this very same thing Sorry I don't have the addy but it talks about how 80%of the companys are making planes and putting the tanks in the wrong place height wise,unless you go to a side mounted engine.

Good luck let us know.