RCU Forums - View Single Post - trainer multi
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 10:12 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: trainer multi

I agree. Villa, thanks for modifying your post it is much less agressive. Goliath did the original post and I doubt he had specs. It is a Tower Hobbies trainer. Span 62". The front motor was removed and a cowl from a twinstar repainted and installed. Four old OS FP.25's were put in with 6oz tanks and a servo for each. I already hade the aluminum landing gear on it, every trainer should have this. Final weigh is much higher than the original trainer, almost 7 pounds. It takes off and flys like a trainer except for the yaw from the unsyched engines it flew well. I didn't get to land it but the one flight did end in an engine off landing off the runway that damaged an old repair at the leading edge where the rubber bands go across.

The OS.25's where last used on the flying saucer in the post with all the pictures. That didn't work too well either but I just had to try it. Throttle lag from the motors caused it to lift unevenly. I should have kept it(I threw it away) and tried it with modern electric motors, it would fly well on electrics....

The pictures are just some of my creations, I like different things....