RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA vs Chartered Club 4129
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2003, 08:28 PM
klhoard
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA vs Chartered Club 4129

Kevin,

You bring up another good point. Does Mr. Servere's want for an obstacle-free zone give him the right to cut down his neighbor's trees? What about if the neighbor had built his house there, would he have the right to raze their house to provide himself an obstacle free zone??

You need to look at how Mr. Servere has treated his neighbors on both ends of his airstrip to show that he is at least consistent. Both neighbors were treated the same, just that instead of RC models, the trees are in his way.

What would he have done if the county road had power lines along it?? Knock them down because they were in his way?? Accuse the county of encroaching on his aviation activities??

I think what is clouding everyone's vision here is the fact that we are all pro-aviation in every form. I'm probably more pro-aviation than anyone here because I'm a professional pilot and a modeller. However, I just cannot take Mr. Servere's side in this.

Let's change the activity in this thread for a moment. . . Mr. Servere decides to build a 1500 foot rifle range on his land. Since his lot is only 1500 feet wide, the firing point is on one property line, and the targets are on the other property line. How would you feel you were the neighbor next door and I sent you a letter asking you to bind yourself legally to put up bullet-proof windows and walls on your house so I can shoot on my property and the bullets can travel over onto yours.