RCU Forums - View Single Post - Storm launcher problem..!!???
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 08:39 PM
UAV Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Storm launcher problem..!!???

ORIGINAL: FLAVORS

I bought a storm launcher 2 hours ago (whit no battery), i said to my self i will save some money and use my lipo from my eflite blade cx 7.4 800mah (i have 3 of them), worked for about 3 min full throttle and then i had to restart the SL every 10 sec... what the problem ? if its a batterie problem , how many time its supose to work (whit the Air hog lipo) and does it reset when lipo is about to get too low (Air hog lipo)?
Thank you
The Blade CX battery is only a 10C battery, and only good for 8 amps continuous. The stock storm Launcher can pull over 10 amps at full throttle. Therefore the Blade CX battery's are not powerful enough to do the job.

The stock storm Launcher battery is a 15C 740 mah, good for about 11 amps. You should get about 5 to 6 minutes of flight time with the stock battery, with some throttle management. Then the LVC will kick in and shut it off. You can restart it again and use low throttle to drive it back to shore, but full throttle will shut it off again till the battery is recharged.

A very popular after market battery for the storm Launcher is the [link=http://2dogrc.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/dualsky-lipoly-battery-p-1967.html]Dualsky 20C 7.4v 730mah[/link]. It is a little lighter and more powerful then the stock battery.