RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution engine
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 11:34 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution engine

ORIGINAL: Cyberwolf

With your vast knowledge of engines and aircraft my 40 plus years don't stack up I guess?
Why do you always take things as a "personal" assault?

Doesn't a bit of maturity go with those "40 years" about such things, to not see everything as an affront?

I've stated that the majority of problems here where there are reported problems of the engine running unreliably, when the PLANE IS SITTING ON THE GROUND, involve tuning issues.

Like I said run those tanks to high or low then do some inverted flying or KE, Spins and blenders and see how long things work for ya.
And in those attitudes the centerline position of the tank relative to the horizon is vastly different... e.g. in a downline the tank is WAAY above the engine, and in an upline vice-versa.

Do you take off with only 1/3 of a tank of fuel also ?
Didn't those "40 years" teach that the "standard" for tuning the engines is to do it with the tank about 1/3 full so that you are tuning the engine for a worst case, much like holding the plane nose up or nose down.

You get that right and the rest follows.

Read any engine Manual they tell you to set the tank up on the centerline of the carb or Spray bar.
When the tanks positioned properly I find theres no need to use only part of a tank to tune my engines ,they run the same inverted upright on there side and so on while in the air.
Yes.

However the variance when the plane is sitting on the ground in most glow fueled planes is what, a whole whopping 1/4" between inverted and upright. Well within what those manuals cite.

If this is enough to throw off the engine, something else far more dramatic is to blame... such as the engine not being properly broken in or tuned. That must be addressed first.