View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 12:34 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Evolution engine

ORIGINAL: opjose

ORIGINAL: Ed Cregger

That's what I said - there are no presets - in spite of their intentions.
That's not what the advertizing says though...

I've got a nice brochure in front of me as I write this that states. and I'm quoting:

"Evolution's NT series of glow engines are top-of-the-line 2-strokes, guaranteed to start quickly and easily. Each offers preset SetRight (tm) needle valves that take all of the guesswork out of the operation. Every Evolution engines is test-run at the factory, so there is no set up or break in necessary when you pull it out of the box-you just install it and fly.".

Hmmm.... anyone EVER experience this?

--------------

The folks at Horizon are doing their best to universalize/simplify glow engine operation. This is a great intention. Unfortunately, it is not possible to do, UNLESS you burn the exact fuel they recommend, use their recommended glow plug, prop, etc. They are trying to make glow engines idiot proof. This isn't the first time that a manufactuer/distributor has taken a crack at this goal. However, physics, being what they are, eventually creep in and spoil the party for such folks, even though their intentions are quite laudable.

I will say that for a given set of circumstances, their idea will work for many folks. Folks who would otherwise be better off flying electric models, but folks none the less. The problem with the rest of us who are trying to help out is when the beginner argues back and quotes the Horizon literature as though it is Gospel. <G>

Ed Cregger