RCU Forums - View Single Post - Litco Systems Alpha 4
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2003, 12:00 AM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Litco Systems Alpha 4

Originally posted by Baja170
Is the Alpha 4 that good? The only Litco charger I have had was the super cycler and one of the displays did not work when it was new. I never could get them to make good on it.

Is the Alpha 4 worth all the BS you have to go through to get one?

William
There is only a couple things that make the charger such a high demand item. One, its got 4 ports. Very important for those giant scale pilots that have 3 or 4 batteries in each plane. Its miserable trying to charge 4 batteries sequentially, or buying 4 chargers to charge them in parallel. And each port is independent, so that you can process different charging/discharging functions on each port. its really like 4 independent chargers in one box. The other thing, is that it will charge just about everything that you have for RC, with the exception of Lithium. It also have a very well laid out user interface, and is very easy to use, with lots of useful functions. The only downside people tend to mention, is the availability and the 1amp total limit.

It's good enough that the people that really need them are willing to wait to get them, or pay an extra $100 to $150 for a used one to get it now. Even at $400, you can't find a suitable alternative one box solution with all the same features.