RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Piedmont Focus 90/110
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Piedmont Focus 90/110

Well, she flew today and it was absolutely incredible.

We still did not get the airplane on scales, but it would surprise me if it weighed much over seven pounds. I never went above 2/3 throttle for very long uplines. It flew very straight right off the board, the only adjustment that I believe will be needed will be a 1/4 turn on a wing adjuster. I fly a Partner, and it took me no time at all to get used to the airplane. It locks onto lines well, and it surprised me with how well it rolled. Snaps were very crisp and raduises tracked nicely. Something that also caught me offguard was knife edge was a rudder only event, in that there was absolutely no mixing to compensate for pitch. It wanted to roll out slightly, but no pitch coupling was noted whatsoever.

I just played around checking a few things, but Dave went through the P sequence with it and it certainly wasn't a detrimental to his performance.

We're supposed to fly it a little more this weekend, so we'll see if we can really fine tune it. I can't wait to play around with it more, it's got all the ingredients to be a real winner.

Reason for edit: Eye cant not spehl.