RCU Forums - View Single Post - GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair
Old 01-11-2007, 08:14 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

jdunstan,

I got my sliding canopy/cockpit from John at Iron Bay after about a month of waiting from November 30th to just after Christmas. E-mail Iron Bay and address it to John. He will get back to you as soon as he can. The RC stuff is a side line. He has Government contracts and they come first. Sometimes he's out of the office for a week to 2 weeks at a time. He is still in business. I am very satisfied with mine. It looks great and will be a breeze to install. Be patient but keep hounding him!

cimara,

I think you would have to make those yourself but each plane is a custom order and maybe they will do it for you. This kit or ARTF Corsair is a ways down the road. The kit, retracts, and 7" wheels a $4,200.00. Add the engine, servos, receiver, and you name it and your comming in at over $6,000.00. Pretty steep. I have to sell my Harley Fatboy before I can get that one. The kit alone is 1,600 British pounds. You crash and your dead. I would have to try to get some kind of liability and comprehensive insurance with a $250.00 or $500.00 deductable to fly that baby. They sure are pretty though aren't they?

Order away, over and out!

Gibbs